You will be charged a $125.00 CONSULTATION FEE for the initial meeting. This fee must be paid to the assistant prior to your meeting with the attorney.
*PLEASE NOTE: These fees do NOT include court costs. You are also responsible for the payment of any and all court costs.*
1. The following work is completed on a FLAT FEE BASIS meaning that you will be charged a set fee rather than being charged on a contingency fee or hourly fee basis. This fee is in addition to your consultation fee.
- Will = $50.00 (2 wills = $100.00)
- Will with formation of trust: $75 (2 wills with formation of trusts = $150)
- Living will: $50.00 (2 Living Wills = $75.00)
- Power of Attorney: $50.00 (2 Powers of Attorney = $75.00)
2. Personal injury cases are charged on a CONTINGENCY FEE BASIS meaning that attorney fees will be equal to 1/3 of recovery for the client after payment of case expenses.
3. For all other cases, you will be assessed on an HOURLY FEE BASIS at a rate of $225.00/ HOUR for all work performed by Joni. You will be assessed on an HOURLY FEE BASIS at a rate of $225/HOUR for all work performed by the secretary.
- You will be billed in 10 minute increments. For example, if you call and talk to Joni for 8 minutes, you will be billed for a 10 minute phone call (1/6 of $225.00 = $37.50).
- After the initial consultation (and payment of the $125.00 consultation fee), you will be required to make an advance deposit of $2,000.00 for all family law cases (including, but not limited to, divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, division of community property, paternity, and adoption). Your $2,000.00 advance deposit must be paid BEFORE any work will be performed on your case.
- For all other types of cases, an advance deposit will be required. The amount will depend on the type of case and the complexity of the case. You will be informed of the amount of advance deposit that is required either before or immediately after your consultation.
- These advance deposits will be used to pay court costs as well as attorney’s fees as they accrue. If any portion of the advance deposit is not used, Joni will refund that amount to you promptly upon resolution of the case.
- You will be provided with statements showing an accounting of the money you have deposited, how much has been used, and what purpose it was used for.
- If the initial advance deposit is depleted, you will receive a letter requesting that you make another $500.00 advance deposit. No further work will be performed on your case until said advance deposit is received. If you are unable to make payments as required, Joni will withdraw from your case.
- Please be advised that if you are here for a divorce and/or child custody case, it is anticipated that your costs will reach at least $2,000.00; therefore, you should make arrangements to have the necessary funds available so that you can make another payment when requested in order for your case to proceed without any delays.
- In NO case will a divorce, child custody, child support, or community property settlement be completed for less than $650.00 + court costs.